Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Times, Family Times, Happy Times

There has been a definite lack of posting for a while.  I am still alive, but my mother came for a visit!  By the time I hit the bed every night there was no energy left for a post.

I am doing well.  My scars are healing and I am feeling stronger.  I am starting to lift my children again and thinking of starting to exercise again...amazingly enough, I miss it.

The kids really (REALLY) enjoyed the visit from their Nonna (my mom).  She stayed for about 11 days and they milked every minute they could with her.  Samuel keeps trying to think of ways to move her house over to Sweden.  This was the first time that she was able to meet David and he took to her pretty quickly.  He called her Yoda or Yoga...that was the best he could do for Nonna, but it was sooooooo cute.  I know that she really enjoyed being with her grandsons also.  It is a reminder how hard it is to be an international family...there are always family members that miss out.  However, we know that we are suppose to be here, so we will be faithful to our calling and remain in Scandinavia.  Not that it is a hard life (we quite like it here), but there are times that we do miss Wilmore greatly.

The was David's first Easter with us.  He did not quite understand what was going on, but he played along and I enjoyed watching him mimic Sam's excitement and wonder. This Easter was a bit different for me.  I really like the preparation for Easter.  I have a special devotional, we have certain traditions to help us remember how dark Friday was and the despair that was felt on Saturday by the disciples and then the glorious Sunday when Mary came running to tell the news.  However, since I had the interruption of my surgery, I felt like I lost a lot in my own preparations, so instead I am a little off kilter, but eternally grateful that He is no longer in the grave.  Where would we be without our hope in Christ, without the knowledge that we can be his children, without his guidance and love. I would be in udder dispair....you may think that is a bit harsh, but it is perfectly true without any dramatics.  I am here because my Savior picked me up and has brought me thus far.  PRAISE be to HIM and HIM ALONE.

Enjoy the pics.
Laurie
Mom and David having a jam session


We always dress in our international duds for Easter and Pentecost.  I was pretty impressed that I still fit in that sari.

just precious

Nonna's glasses were always a fun item to play with.


He loves his Nonna

Family pic in the church

Just too good looking...watch out girls.

My little ninja...he was so cute!!!

I took my mom and the kids to Grebbestad and this was one of the sunsets...stunning.

More of the same sunset.

We also got the chance to pop up to Mysen, Norway (where we are moving to), so my mom could see the church.  This is the cross on top.

My husbands new charge as of August.  

I couldn't help sharing this pic, my mom gave me these microfiber turbans to put on wet hair and he looked so adorable.   

1 comment:

Andrew and Heather Robinson said...

Love all the pictures. "He is risen!" And thank you for your sweet comment about our nursery, and for all of your prayers!!