Sunday, May 15, 2011

To all,

We are safe in Urumqi today. Tomorrow is the big day!!!! We know we get to meet him in the morning, so pray that we sleep some tonight. I am sorry that we can't get pictures up, but I will once we get home. We are blogging through Andreas' brother at the moment.

I really wanted to put a post up today because today Tore Karenbauer is graduating from High school and I wanted to say congratulations. Tore I am so proud of the amazing and beautiful woman that you have become. I could wish I could be there, but I know that you understand why I am not. I was one of Tore's nannies. I started when she was 6 and now she is 18.... makes me feel a bit old (and her mom would tell me I am) but that is okay.

To all the Karenbauer's, I am thinking of you and missing you. Take lots of pictures for me.

Back to China....let's just say we are not in Kansas anymore! We are soaking in as much as we can, but as you can imagine tomorrow is the day we have been waiting for. We are as ready as you can be and Sam is beside himself with excitment. I will post as soon as I can, but no promises. I will also try to get a picture up, but that is not a promise either. You cannot get blogger from China. Anyone have any ingenious ideas that they used while in China for blogging?

I would appreciate everyone's prayers as we move forward with this wonderful new stage in our lives. Tomorrow we will be a family of 4!!! Praise Jesus!

Blessings,
Laurie

2 comments:

Cydil said...

So eager to read tomorrow's blog post! As for using blogger in Ch*na, I know someone who did so using a VPN. Nathan would probably know how to do that, but I'm clueless. You may also want to see if Andreas' brother can set the feature where you e-mail your blog post to a specified e-mail address and it posts it for you? Just an idea.
I can just see Samuel talking a mile a minute and bouncing off the hotel room walls! Can't wait to see photos!

DebM said...

Yay!!! So close! Yes, you need to use a VPN (express VPN worked for us). You have to download though and I'm not sure it will let you in china. If not, I suggest emailing someone your posts with pictures (ok I'm selfish I want to see pictures) and have them post them for you. Praying for your family of FOUR!