Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Time of Firsts

Hello All,

I am having a bit of a hard time downloading all of my summer pics. To be honest I don't have enough space and we will need to find a quick solution for that one. Until I can get the rest of the pictures downloaded I have taken a few I would like to show you. On August 11th Samuel lost his first tooth (see pic below). He looks awfully cute with a tooth missing. He was very proud of himself and kept trying to show daddy how loose it was just to gross him out. We proceeded to stick the tooth in a bowl and put it in the refridgerator. In the morning it was a coin (5 Kronor to be exact). For all those wondering, no we don't do the the toothfairy. He knows that mommy and pappa gave it to him. However, he asked if he could give it back so I would get him a large lego set. Had to explain that wasn't how it worked. However, it was a good try.


Then on the 19th of August Samuel started Kindergarden. For those of you in the know, yes he actually started last January, but now he is with his class and not the older children. I think that it was a good move to give him a headstart. He is really excited to be back in school and has the same teacher that he loved last year. He has also come home and told me that he is in love with an 11 year old. Doesn't 5 years old seem a little too young for comments like that? We have had 2 full days of school and Samuel is truly excited that we have ridden our bikes to school both days. He feels like such a big boy. He asked me to go alone, but that will not be happening for a long time. I believe he is 5 going on 15. In other words please pray for my patience!

Blessings,
laurie

Samuel's cubby.
Samuel doing his first activity in class.

Samuel, well....being Samuel.

No comments: