Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reflection and New Contacts

Out of the old comes new life.......

Hello All,

I know I have been a little lax on writing on my own life. However, Haiti has taken up much of my prayer and thought life at the moment. All of us waiting for our adopted children don't like it, but imagine if that child was in a country that is destroyed by natural disaster. I am thankful that I am not in that situation, but am praying for all of those who are. Also, if you are an American citizen, go to the post below to write your opinion on how the State Dept. should help the orphans that do have families in the US. The children are coming into the country, but it is slow and there are many parents still waiting.

One of the many things in my head is how should I reflect on the tragedy in Haiti as to make Jesus more real in my life. I know the answers as to why there was an earthquake and why there is suffering in the world with a good God... so how does all that I see make me trust and believe in God more, or less for that matter. I am still working through these questions if you would like to give me your thoughts on it. However, I will say that I am blessed and amazed at the strength of the Haiti people and all that are there helping them. I laugh when the news talks about the Haitians singing medicinal songs. What is a medicinal song? Just come out and say it, they are singing praises to God to be alive. Even in their immense grief they are singing and trusting on the Lord. I pray that my faith can and will be as strong on the days that I am tested. Until then I am letting God whisper his truths to my heart as the questions are being answered. I will praise Him and pray for Haiti.

My request to all of you is...go to your calendars and write the name Haiti on the bottom of each month. This will remind us all to pray for Haiti. Very soon the news will forget them, but I want to remember and pray. I hope you do also. If you scroll down on my blog, to the right, there are blogs of freinds and family. You can click on the Bowens in Paraquay and they have some wonderful links of blogs and organizations to keep up with Haiti. Andy Bowen's sister has been a missionary in Hait with her family for 14 years now.

Also if you are interested in what is happening with the orphans and how the adoptions are going you can go to glahaiti.org This will lead you the God's Littlest Angels and orphanage run by American missionaries Dixie and John Bickel. It is an amazing orphan home and they have an amazing heart for these children. They are great advocates for them. Andreas and I strongly considered adopting from this orphanage when the Lord called us to adopt from Nepal. You can even sign up for email updates. Dixie' blog which you can link to is very informative and it gives me a reality check quite often. Praise God for the people that follow his voice to the ends of the earth.

That is all for now, I will post more a little later tonight.

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: