Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One Step Done (Finally!!!!)


Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Today the board of social workers in Alingsas approved our homestudy!!! After a year of trying to get a homestudy done, it is finally finished. I have to give credit where it is due. The Alingsas Kommun (county) did a really good and fairly fast job. The slow down was the other Kommun that we were living in until the end of August. They did not want to do anything with us. Our social worker went up to bat for us and is getting the approval papers to us on Thursday. This means on Friday we will be mailing a package to our agency in Stockholm asking to be a pilot family for their new Nepal program!!!

I know that these steps are taking a lot of time, but I am so thankful for a little movement with this. I am praying and hoping that they will let us be a pilot family. We fit that program well and I am hoping to be able to help them with the program. That would give me a foot in the door of the Swedish adoption arena, which I would love to have.

Thank you Jesus. I feel like I should be writing a song or psalm to Him, like Mary's song or Zachariahs praise when he could finally speak. However, I don't even know what words to use, but here is my try:

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
Creator of all that is good and wonderful;
Knower of all things;
Lover of your people;
Thank you.
You put direction on the hearts of your children.
You show us the beauty of our own adoption into your family;
and you encourage us to build our family out of that image.
I trust you.
I trust you with the child that you have provided.
I trust you with the child that you will provide.
I trust you through my frustration.
For you are fully trustworthy.
All of your promises will come to pass.
I love you.
Amen.

There is my feeble attempt, but from the heart. I am surprised I can write from my heart on this blog, but I think it helps that I don't actually have to face any of you when you read it. I hope to be hearing something about our acceptance (hopefully) sometime after the new year. Thank you all for your prayers and support. This will still be a very long process, but every little step helps. As Prof. Lauter calls them ''earnests'' from God.

Blessings,
Laurie




1 comment:

Cydil said...

That's great news!!!