Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Chance to Catch Up

The next three posts are pictures from this fall since Samuel and I returned home from the States. I haven't been good at posting, but I wanted to get these on so that my family and friends could enjoy them. Samuel seems to be changing by the day. It amazes me how he has gone from a baby to a young boy so quickly. I was just looking at pictures of him from last year and he still had a baby face, but now he is very independant and is all boy. Part of me really misses the baby, but I am excited to see him grow and embrace life, which he does to the fullest. Please pray for Andreas and I as we parent him and teach him to love Jesus. I truly believe that he can do amazing things for the Lord. We may have an evangelist on our hands!

Samuel has just finished his first semester of pre-school. He goes 3 days a week for 3 hours. His Swedish is definitely better, but of course he is picking up things from the other kids. We do not allow weapon toys in the house nor does he watch violent films, but Samuel builds guns and swords and his lego men fight all the time. Today when we went to the toy store he started playing with the guns and when I asked him why he liked the guns he told me that they were to kill the bad dinosaurs!? What in the world? Somehow it just happens!!! He is all boy.

Of course while in the toy store he also asked me for every toy that wasn't pink (according to him pink is ONLY for girls). So now we are also trying to find a way for him to enjoy the gifts, but realize that the celebration is for Jesus. Not very easy in this consumer's world. However, he is so sweet when we talk about Jesus's birthday and he insists that the 24th pocket on his advent calendar is a gift for Jesus and not him.

I hope that you enjoy the pictures below. We miss you all, especially during this time. Know that you are in our prayers and thoughts. And like Prof. Lauter always told me, I am sucking it up, and serving Jesus.

Love,
Laurie

Crazy boy! Need I say more?

For his birthday he received a bike, which he loves to ride and does really well with. However, this is a cheesy, "mom's got the camera", smile. What a ham!

Pappa and Sam on his first bike ride.


For his birthday, Nonna (my mom) bought Samuel his own computer (kids of course). He likes to pull it out on the coffee table and act like he is working like Pappa. I love his little feet on the shelve under the coffee table. He is so funny.


This is just Sam and me being crazy. We have sticker glasses. Pretty cool huh?






No comments: