Saturday, December 22, 2007

On This Day In History

Two years ago today I received an amazing phone call. My social worker, Don Smith, was on the other line. I was confused for a minute, but he quickly said the words, "you have been approved to go and pick up your son". Those words were amazing, and scary, and exhilarating all at once. For Christmas the Lord was giving us a son. How appropriate and how it taught me about the miracle of Christmas. Of course for the next few minutes, hours, and days Andreas and I would be scrambling to get all manner of things done just to be able to get on that plane and pick up our first child. However, I will pause on this day 2 years later to remember the incredible gift that the Lord granted us. The pictures below represent that day and this day two years later. Praise God!!!



On a slightly lighter side of things, tonight I finally finished watching the Gilmore Girl series. Yes ladies it is true. For years I have been wanting to see it all. I cried, Andreas laughed (at me, of course). But I felt a moment was needed for the true wit of the show. So happy and sad and well ...fiction, but that's okay, like a good book they will be old friends (she says, trying to be very philosophical and Gilmoreish). So all who have also liked this show, share a moment with me.

Goodnight.
Laurie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I share in the Gilmore Girls moment with you!!!