Tuesday, December 04, 2007

First of Advent

The beginning of a Sunday School class. We made two hearts, on one we wrote the things that we needed Jesus to forgive us for. Then on the second we started to wrap our clean hearts for Jesus's birthday gift. I know it's simple, but it all has to be translated by that wonderful woman in the picture (Anneli). These are her children, Elsa in the sofa, Eric in front of Anneli, and Emma behind Anneli. Then of course Samuel.


After church we have what is called Fika. This is a time to get together and fellowship and have some nice cookies and cake. Here are some of the pics from fika of our wonderful church members.



Samuel has found a friend in John, Anneli's husband. He will feed Samuel as much cookies and cake as he wants (John doesn't have to take Sam home afterwords).

The very handsome pastor, that's kind of fun to say!!!


Well I have finally caught up on my posts (there are 3 this time). You would think that I would just do this more often instead of adding them all at once. To be honest I have tried, but the blogger site doesn't always work for me. So I do it when I can. Right now it is morning on Tuesday, December 4th. I usually don't do this in the morning because Samuel wants my attention. All this to say, he is continually asking me to play with him, so I must hurry up! He is a persistant little guy.

This past Sunday was the first of Advent. The pictures above are from the Alingsas Church. Here in Sweden Advent is celebrated much more than I have ever seen it in the US. Andreas preached on "Why we need the Savior". Our thoughts are on how best to prepare for what was needed, what is wanted, and what is. I pray that you to are preparing your hearts for the upcoming celebration of our Savior's birth. Sometimes things are so focused on the presents and decorations that we forget why we are truly celebrating the season. Now as Samuel is starting to be aware of gifts and such, I want to try to teach him of why. Not so easy with a three year old, but worth it.

I am also reflecting on how thankful I am for our son and well as God's Son. It is almost two years now that we were able to go to Nepal and pick up our beautiful son. It was on December 25, 2005 that our final adoption decree was signed in Kathmandu and December 28, 2005 when I finally touched and saw Samuel for the first time. My Lord and Savior gave me the gift of a little boy on His birthday. How humbled and thankful I am for that gift.

May all those who have ears... hear the whisperings of our God's love and ultimate gift during this season. May the celebration of the Messiah coming in the form of a baby be as relevant to us today as it was over 2000 years ago. We are waiting for our friend, our comfortor, our King, and our Savior.

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: