Friday, September 14, 2007

Last post from Mississippi

The time has come. Thanks to my lovely wife our home is cleaned and ready to move out of. We have a U-Haul behind our car tomorrow (pray that our car makes it) and everybody onboard after a final garage sale. Love those American customs.

It's been very hard to live in Mississippi but we have made some friends for life and I have received a top-notch education. Who would have thought that of Misssissippi? We have learned to live in want and learned to give thanks when in abudance. God provided us with jobs (very evident), a son (super evident), a house (clearly), a Master's degree, and as I said lots of friends that we will miss dearly. That is always the hardest part of moving. We have been married over ten years now and we just realized that we have moved to nine different addresses! It is time to settle down.

Thus, we leave tomorrow (Friday) for Kentucky. Like Moses, our concern has been "is God with us?" For anyone familiar with our situation that may seem a ridiculous question with an obvious answer. But as the pressure mounts and I begin to realize what it means to be a pastor, the question becomes one of life and death. Without him I am merely window-dressing. Well, yesterday a huge prayer request got answered. I have a second job to supplement my part-time pastorate!!! It fits perfectly with what I was looking for (flexible hours, meet people, understanding about my job as a pastor). I am not sure how to process this joy, but it feels really good to know that the last "hurdle" to a smooth move has been swept away by God's grace.

So thank you for checking in on our life in Mississippi and since we will continue this blog even as we get to Sweden we hope that you will stay with us and pray as you read about us serving Jesus in post-Christian Sweden. It will be a challenge!!

With the love of Jesus in the fellowship of the Spirit by the power of the Father,

Andreas, for the whole family

1 comment:

Cydil said...

I hope you have a few minutes to stop by while you are in town! I want to get a photo of the kiddos together, if possible! Safe travels...