Monday, April 08, 2013

FAMILY

As I finally get back on the computer, I wanted to share about family.  

As we all know, our family has been grown by adoption.  The Lord has blessed us with two wonderful boys who drive us crazy, keep us on our toes, and giggle and scream as much as possible.  It is amazing to me when I am reminded that our family doesn't look like others.  To me, it all looks just as it should.  

Those reminders come in the form of odd looks every once in a while, someone asking if these are my children, or one of the kids realizing something new about themselves or our family.  They don't necessarily take me off guard, but make me stop and think for a moment.  Normally, they make me smile as I can look at the person giving me that odd look and say an absolute ''YES'' these are my children, or explain how they are wonderfully made and came to be my children.  

But I have to admit that the times I actually get choked up about it is when I look at family pics and see just how much my children are loved by so many.  I was reminded again at Easter when we spent some time with Farmor and Farfar, Aunt and Uncle Kjernald and the cousins.  

The Lord has placed them....as he does place the lonely in families.  


And I noticed Farmor introducing her grandchildren to someone...''YES...these are my grandkids''.  Two boys from two different lands with two different stories are now family, brothers, children, grandchildren, cousins, nephews.

This leads me to think of the family that God has made with ''brothers'' and ''sisters'' all around the world, from all walks of life.

Andreas told me that when we were in Nepal and the children were calling us Brother Eas and Sister La La, it was the first time that he actually felt like it meant something.  So often it is said in Christian circles, but do we really heed it?  Would we really treat that other person as family?

To be honest, I can think of many times that I have not, nor even considered doing so.  But if we are really looking at what Jesus has said and acted out, they are family.  Just as he sees me as a daughter of God and sister to Jesus...not to mention how hard that one is to grasp at times.

Jesus blessed us by placing two boys who don't ''look'' like us in our family...to be full sons.  Not just some children that I take care of.  God also allowed me, someone I am sure doesn't ''look'' like him many days, to be a full daughter in His family.  Not just someone to take care of or put up with.  To Him it looks just as it should.

REDEMPTION

ADOPTION

FAMILY

Three words that we hear quite a lot in Christian circles...but take another look.  Dig deeper, see what it means to you, see what it means to Jesus.  I know every time I revisit these words, and meet new people and listen to Jesus...they seem to take on new meaning.  Not a full new meaning, but building blocks that just keep stacking.




Just as my two amazing boys are loved by many and keep growing.

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: