Saturday, July 09, 2011

Sweet Smiles and Sleep

 Hello All,

We are doing well.  It is amazing how far David has come in 7 weeks of having a family.  Today I snapped the first picture where he actually smiled when I asked him too.  It is the first one below and I think it is so sweet.  We are living out at our house in the woods and learning to be a family.  The boys fights are fewer and fewer, but still there (and probably always will be), David is feeling more stabil (I think).  All the friends that have seen him lately have said that he looks more confident and safe.  I am amazed at how his body shape is changing with all the exercise and fun we are having.  He is really starting to get muscle tone (which he had practically none of) and he is not nearly as clumsy as he was when we first got him.

I am constantly amazed that I have two beautiful boys and thankful for the grace of Christ that gave them to us.  What a blessing they are and will continue to be.  (don't get me wrong, I do get frustrated and angry with them now and again, but I will always be thankful the I have that chance to feel all those mommy feelings and do all those mommy things).

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.  Andreas preaches this Sunday and next so he goes to his little stuga (cabin) and works on his sermons, the kids and I play, play, play and play.  We are always glad when daddy gets to join the fun also (which is quite a lot lately). These are the days that get us through the dark winters, so I am not going to squander them.

Bye for now,
Laurie

He actually smiled at the camera, that's a first.

He was definitely being tickled for this smile.  

Samuel loving riding the horse at the Borås Zoo

Today's fun activity at the lake.  I believe that Samuel is instructing him on how to use the rubber dingy.

While we were rowing back to land, David fell asleep.  We put him on the ground while we unpacked the boat and he was sound asleep.  He would have had a hissy fit if he knew he was laying in grass (still having issues with textures).
Now that is the picture of a sound sleeper. Disclaimer: I know it looks a little dangerous in this pic, but it really wasn't.  He can't roll into the lake because of the life vest and where he was laying. 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the disclaimer...it DOES look precarious! Cute pics!

Andrew and Heather Robinson said...

Laurie - you give me hope that we will have our children someday. Thank you!

Suzanne said...

That is what brotherhood is about. The last pic made me nervous, though! It's a good thing the disclaimer was there to calm me down. Weew! Samuel's smile is so relaxing. Smiles like those make everything great. Cheers!

[Suzanne Steven]