Saturday, December 11, 2010

Quick Word

Hello all.  I just wanted to post a quick word to let you know that I am still alive.  Sam and I are back in Sweden and I am trying to get over jet lag.  It is so much harder coming back this way.  I  also came home just in time for a large book test and a national test in Swedish so I am a bit busy with studies and will get some pictures up from my time in the States once I get over the tests.

We are very excited to be back home with Andreas, but miss my family greatly.  We had a wonderful time with family, but I wish we could have all come together without the sad reason of losing my grandfather.  Sam and I had the blessing of being able to be with Po Po the last week of his life.  Sometimes I still can't believe that he is not here with us anymore (I have tears running down my face just thinking of it).  However, it makes me smile to know that he is in heaven worshipping Jesus with grandma. What an amazing, God- centered life he lived on this earth and now continues it in heaven.  I have been very blessed to call him Po Po (grandfather) and to have him in my life for 36 years.  The picture below is me and Po Po when I was about 3.  He was my hero in so many ways!

Blessings,
Laurie

Laurie and Po Po (Dr. Robert Traina)

No comments: