Thursday, September 03, 2009

Recap on Summer

Okay, here are a few more pics of our summer fun. One maybe a repeat, but o'well. I constantly look at Sam and can't believe how big he is getting. He had a wonderful summer, full of time with grandparents, mom and dad and many friends. He still asks why winter has to come. He told me today that he wasn't going to trust God anymore if winter came. How do you answer that one as a parent? I went on to explain how the seasons run and that is the order and "the rules" of how things go (he is really big on the rules right now). I think he understood, but didn't like it. At least I don't think he will stop trusting God.

Andreas is in Norway right now. The Church had a conference in Oslo. Sam and went to Grebbestad with Farfar for a day and had a good time. As we pulled out of the drive to leave Samuel says, "turn around, I don't want to leave, I want to stay there all the time!" He was just stating what we all feel. Although it gets really cold and not so nice at times in the winter, but Sam doesn't realize that yet.

Tomorrow I will go to a meeting about Swedish lessons for Immigrants. That is right folks, I am an immigrant. I hope to be able to be in the class even though I cannot go full time. Please pray that it works out. I would really like to be able to speak and understand Swedish better. We still have to find a preschool for Sam also. We will look at another one on Monday. My class also hinges on getting Samuel into a preschool because the class is Mon.-Fri. 8:30 to 2:30. However, it is really hard to leave your child with other people, I have to really be impressed to agree to this. I have been praying a lot about this one. You could all help me with that one too. To all my friends out there, any advice on what is the most important when you look at preschools. Remember, Christian is not really an option here (unfortunately), so what are the next important things.

I am officially announcing that I will be coming back to the States in October. I have a ticket that will bring me home Oct. 7th - Oct. 22nd. I am the only one coming, as we cannot afford for Sam to travel with me. I would love to see you all, so let me know if you will be around or can make it to Wilmore.

On the adoption front, there is nothing new to report for me, but I have heard that three families have pasted through the ministry and have been invited to Nepal. Slow, but progress. Keep praying.

I would love to hear how all of you are doing.

Blessings,
laurie

One cool crab, that became our dinner a few minutes later! Yummy!

This is Andreas, sending Sam out to sea! No seriously, Eas found this driftwood and Sam and him tried to make a boat. Didn't work very well, but Sam had fun.

This is Sam with Emma and Viktor. He loves his Aunt and cousin (and apparently snorkling also).

This was a pretty water lilly that I liked. I probably take a million pictures like this every summer, but I like them.

No comments: