Tuesday, February 17, 2009

An Amazing Creativity

Love the colors of contrast on this cake and in this picture with the background.
This is a post about a friend in my life. Her name is Jennie and she has an incredible talent. She is studying to be a Konditor (I think it is the equivalent of a baker, chocolatier, pastry chef, and cake designer in one). She is married to an American and they have two children (Samuel likes them). She is working part time at a cafe here in Alingsas and she was just given the chance to make cakes for a showing of sorts. A dress company rented a space to show dresses to all the graduating seniors (prom dresses). So there were dresses, jewelry, and cakes that you could order all at one place (the cakes are for the graduating senior, it is done a little differently here). So my friend Jennie worked her tale off to make the cakes that you will see below. There are a few that didn't get on here, not because they weren't incredible, but there were so many cool pics. I love to be creative and love to see others inspirations also.

I especially thought that my Aunt Judy would like to see these cakes because she is really good at doing cakes also (Judy did an incredible cake for my wedding almost twelve years ago).

We still have not heard anything on the adoption. Andreas called today so we may get some answers soon and be able to start on the dossier soon.

Blessings,
Laurie

This one is cool. Jennie was given the dress as an example to follow and she made the cake to match it. The picture doesn't do it justice. On the side of the cake that you can't see there is a weave that matches the back of the dress. So cool. (if you want to see a close up, email me and I will send you one.)
I think this one was my absolute favorite because of the amazing match that she did. (for those who want to see a close up, email me and I will send you one.)

This would make an amazing wedding cake. (roses are real)

Chocolate, amazing how it looks like cloth. This one makes me hungry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Veeery beautiful cakes!! WOW!! Almost a pity to eat them! :-)