Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Toughest Little Guy We Know

Here are some pictures from before and after Samuel's surgery. He was amazing and woke up wanting to play. The hardest part for Andreas and I was when he fell asleep in my arms and then they took him right away into the surgery room. Leaving him there was like a knife to the heart. He looked so small and helpless. Even Andreas cried with me (I have only seen Andreas cry 3 times in our marriage). I felt a little more comfort when all the parents that left their children asleep that day came out crying (for once we may be normal).

After Samuel came home he only took some Tylenol and Motrin for two days. After those two days he stated, "I don't need medicine mommy, my penis is fine." What a funny little guy. He likes to touch the cut that the doctor made. They used a glue to keep it shut, so it has a cover to it. He thinks it's pretty funny. He likes to show it to me every night as he gets his p.j.s on. I don't think he really realized what they did, but that is okay. He has been amazing through this ordeal. It has been much harder on his parents than on himself.


Before..... love the hat.

Before..... he is not screaming, just making a face.

After. He received a (vintage) Fisher's Price parking garage for his bravery. He really loves playing with this one at a friends house and we found one for him. So now everyday we must play with his parking garage. After surgery it was really hard to keep him in the bed. He wanted me to hold him and so this was a close as I could get. But what he really wanted was for me to hold him so he could weasel his way to the floor and then on to the toy room!!!! However, for the surgery he was given something that was close to an epidural, so the poor guy couldn't walk for several hours. He was like a fawn on new legs. When we got home and he could walk, he proclaimed it loudly like he had been healed! He is such a drama king. We are very proud of our little guy. What an amazing boy the Lord has given us the privilege of parenting.

No comments: