Sunday, August 19, 2012

# 97,503


Well, adventure number 97,503 was today.  Andreas preached his first sermon in the Mysen Methodist Church.


Of course everyone was smiles, so I hope they all felt good about their new pastor (but for some reason no one speaks about him around me...funny).  However, I think it went well and we are excited to be here and in this church.  

In a way it seems very surreal... did I ever in my life expect to be a pastor's wife, serving in NORWAY?  I think the answer to this is a big fat NO... but that doesn't mean it's bad, just that God has different plans for my life than I did.  So here we are on this adventure, waiting to see what God has in plan for us and all the others here.  I am so glad I can trust Him to do what is best and not follow my own leadings.  Two adoptions, and a life full of the ups and downs (like everyone) has taught me that.  Unfortunately, sometimes I forget and start to fret and worry... that is when my wonderful husband reminds me just how faithful Jesus has been simply because He loved us.  I need to keep that in mind as culture shock and being away from all that we know sets in.  

Now on to adventure 97,504...tomorrow Sam's begins school!  Pray for him as he adjust.  He makes friends easily, but there is a slight language barrier and it is always hard to be the new kids, when others know each other.  

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: