Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crazy Tired and Busy

I know I haven't written and I am sorry for that.  I can't believe how long it has been since I have had my camera out and taken pictures.  I still carry it everywhere, but no pictures.  Am I too busy to think about it?  Am I too tired to care at the moment to capture the pics?  I just don't know the answer to those questions right now.

First of all, I am incredibly tired.  I have had hot flashes all through the night for about 2 to 3 weeks now.  I know, officially those are called night sweats, I don't care what they are called, they are waking me up at night.  This is producing one cranky Laurie!  Please pray these go away, I need sleep!!!!!  I pray they are gone before we go to China, that would not be fun.  For now I have my fan right by my bed and it gets turned on several times a night.  I also have my handheld fan (Darcy, you would be so proud).

Second of all, I am crazy busy.  I am still doing my Swedish class, Bible study, house chores, chaufer, cook and normal everyday things, while trying to get all the stuff ready to travel.  I feel like my brain is on overload (the tiredness adds to that I am sure).

Thirdly, we will be traveling to China on May 11th and returning May 26th (we think).  Everything is preliminary.  We are still looking to receive that wonderful TA (travel approval).  We will be picking up our Visas tomorrow from the Chinese Embassy in Gothenburg.  It is hard to believe that after waiting to adopt for over 3 years, we will be traveling in a month!  Needless to say we are excited beyond words.  I can't wait to be the mommy of two boys and hold my David (even though he will probably be terrified of me and think I am a crazy woman).  Sam gets more and more excited everyday.  Now, David might think that Sam is a crazy boy....and he would be right.  However, I think that David will really like him.  Sam alreadly loves his brother.

So this is life right now. I will try to snap a few pics and get them up.  Spring has arrived here in Sweden.  It is always a welcome relief to see the flowers emerge out of the previously frozen earth.  The sun has started to warm this tundra and we are all very thankful for the change.  As we press on towards Easter, Spring is a good reminder that Christ renewed hope with his reserection. How thankful I am for that salvation which he offers.  Take some time and reflect on the road that Jesus traveled so many years ago to the cross.  We see it from this side of time when we know the triumph of the outcome, but try to look at it from the other side for a moment. Remember that for 3 days it was dark and the disciples thought the world was lost forever.  I pray that it gives you the joy and thankfulness that it has given me.

Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: