Monday, November 26, 2007

When you know your under attack!

Hello to all, sorry no pics this time. I just wanted to update everyone on how things are going. First of all I am very thankful for the faithfulness of Jesus. He has been our sustainer through so much and has continued to show us that he is constantly with us. Secondly, I am thankful for all of my friends and family for their encouragement during this time. It means a lot to me. Thirdly, I am thankful that the above two are always there when you know that you are under attack!

I know this may sound weird to some of you, but this is the way it is (that was very American of me). Andreas and I both woke up on Sunday not feeling quite right (in spirit, not physical). I had a rough day on Saturday so I figured it was just culture shock rearing its ugly head again. My family has also been in and out of the hospital in America (which is very difficult for me to deal with so far away). However the feeling persisted in both of us (unfortunately, I just got frustrated). Then things started happening. We had been having some car trouble with our Subaru, but it was totally dead this time and then Andreas's car just about lost the whole exhaust system (no warning), and other money issues kept coming in. Then other little things started coming into play - hard to explain the little ones, just trust me on this one. I kept thinking of the song by Crystal Lewis "Trust Me". So I tried. Then Eas and I talked about it all and he said the words that I had been thinking, "I will trust Him". We went to bed feeling a little better. Then this morning one of Andreas's fillings came out. Now I know that sounds weird, but this is one of those things that is the "last straw". And we knew that we were under attack.

To counteract the above events I would like to tell you what the Lord was showing us while we were under attack. First, one of my friends here asked me how I was (and she really wanted to know the truth). Because of that conversation I am now going to start being involved in a womens bible study with other English speaking Christians (praise God). Then our new friends John and Anneli came to church and Anneli and I talked about what kind of Sunday things we could do with our children during the sermon (and a Sunday School is born). Then that night we went over to Anneli and John's home to bake and John took a look at Eas's car and said that he could repair it and we could use their car. John said he would bike to work (in below freezing weather). If that's not a friend from the Lord, who is?

So through it all the Lord has been blessing us. Reminding us that we are to look towards him in all things. For once I think I realized it while we were experiencing it. Thank you for the growth Lord.

We appreciate all of your prayers and friendships.

Love,
Laurie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying! (and praising for such good friends near to you!!!!)

hannah said...

I am praying for you and thinking of you everyday. What do you always tell me "Don't Panic" Trust in the Lord and He will provide and belive me if I haven't learned that over the last 11 months. May God Bless you all.